This week we’re trying something different! It’s obvious from the pictures that FEEST makes super bomb, creative and yummy food. So why not give of the recipes so folks can try it at home? We’ll be giving two recipes done in groups led by our interns Rubyna and Alexa. Enjoy!
Banana Bread FEEST Style:
7 cups flour
2.5 cups sugar
1 cup olive oil
2.5 cups cinnamon
1 cup smashed pumpkin
17 smashed bananas
- Grease and flour the pans so it will be easiest to get out.
- Combine flour, sugar and cinnamon and mix.
- Stir in olive oil, pumpkin and bananas until fully combined.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.
- Sauté chopped plantains in a pan with a teaspoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of oil until brown.
- Put a spoon full on the plantains into a dumpling wrapper, wet one edge and fold over.
- Once all plantains have been used, set a pan to medium heat with oil to brown the dumplings, brown them on all sides for about 20 seconds. Check out the frying magic!
- Roll browned dumplings in a combination of cinnamon and sugar.